Thursday, April 19, 2012

My script wins an award at Las Vegas Comedy Festival

A short sketch I wrote called "iPad: Weather Control" won "Best Other Script, Skit, or Commercial" at the 2012 Las Vegas Comedy Festival. I had no idea they had announced the winners until my friend and AD on my short "Do Over" Derek Franzese texted me congratulations. Thank you, Derek!

By the way - check out Reticent Pictures, the home for Derek and his team's comedy shorts.

As for "iPad: Weather Control," it's a spoof on iPad apps and Apple fanatics (and don't get me wrong - I do all my work on Apple products; it's just some friendly spoofing). Don't know if I'll be able to shoot it as it involves some complex special effects, but maybe someone out there will see this award and think, "I should give this guy some money to make this. I want to see this 'other' script made right away!"

See all the other winners here.

No comments:

Post a Comment