Thursday, September 20, 2012

FOURPLAY is AGLIFF's Centerpiece Film!

Looking at my posts from this summer it looks like I was a member of the Fourplay PR team, which maybe I am (unofficially - at this level of filmmaking, you have to do everything you can to get the word out yourself!).

In October, the Austin Gay and Lesbian International Film Festival (which is going through a rebrand to the name Polari) will feature Fourplay as its centerpiece film. We will screen October 5th at 845 PM. It's a screening not meant for kiddies (as though the title itself wasn't warning enough).

"Fourplay: Austin"
I'm very excited to finally screen our work in Austin where it was mostly shot and produced from. I'm also nervous about what the response might be. There is some controversial material, for sure, but hopefully people accept the film as all in good fun, audacious, and a (positive) conversation starter rather than anything malicious.

I attended AGLIFF's launch party last Friday at Cheer Up Charlie's. Everyone there was supportive and pumped for the start of the festival season. AGLIFF has a close community and a rabid fan base, it seems, and I think the festival is going to provide a diverse and adventurous program. I only wish I could have won something from the raffle - I bought twenty tickets!

Directed by Kyle Henry, Fourplay is an anthology-of-shorts feature film that explores four tales of sexual intimacy. Executive produced by Jim McKay and Michael Stipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment